The dialogue website has these features:
- submit an idea;
- format your idea;
- rate an idea;
- search for content;
- member profiles; and
- add tags.
If you are new to this site, the first step is to register. Once registered, you will need to log in to participate and contribute to the discussion; if you are not, you will be prompted to log in.
All content on this discussion website is subject to the moderation policy. If you find anything in the site offensive or inappropriate, please let us know (please also include the URL of the content that you find objectionable).
Submit an idea
To add an idea:
- Click the 'Submit an idea' button.
- Subject - enter the subject or summary of your idea; this is a required field with a limit of 200 characters.
- What is the idea? - expand on your idea or provide background information (also a required step).
- Why is the idea important? - this is optional.
- You can format the text, add links or insert video, images or files - see below for details.
- A word of warning: once submitted, your idea will be published on the site immediately, and cannot be edited, only retracted by a moderator.
- With that in mind, please double check you are happy with your idea, then click 'Add idea' to publish it.
- Once published, be sure to add discussion topics relevant to your idea so that others can find it and rate it.
Any registered user can comment on any of the publicly submitted ideas.
- At the bottom of every idea, there is an 'Add comment' box.
- Enter your comment into this box.
- Click the 'Add comment' button to submit your comment.
- Your comment will then be added to the list.
Rate an idea
Any registered user can rate another person's idea from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent). The idea's current rating is displayed at all times and you can add your own rating when you view an idea. To rate an idea click the 'Rate this idea' button, and then click on a star. Your vote is added immediately.
Once you have rated an idea you can change your rating, but your vote only increases the total number of ratings by one, no matter how often you change your rating. You cannot rate your own ideas.
Any registered user can tag ideas with relevant terms.
- In the 'Tags' field, start typing in a relevant topic keyword. Multiple keywords can be separated with a comma.
- Any tag matches will automatically appear in a list beneath the input - if you do have a match, click on it and it will be added to the topic input.
- Click 'Add tag(s)' to save them.
Search for content
Ideas can be found by keyword search or browsing.
- Type a word into the search box in the top right hand corner of the page.
- Click 'Search'.
- Any ideas that contains your keyword (either in the ideas or tags) will be displayed.
- Results are sortable by highest rated and latest (most recent).
Browse by tag
- This site displays a dynamic list of discussion tags that users have assigned to their ideas. Larger text indicates that a tag has been used more frequently than those with smaller text. Click a topic in the 'Discussion tags' area on the right hand side of the page.
- A list of ideas relevant to that topic will be displayed.
- Results are sortable by highest rated and latest (most recent). If you can't find what you're looking for, you could always submit an idea of your own!
Every registered user has a profile page. You can view other member profiles by clicking their username where it appears next to ideas. Edit your own profile by clicking on your username at the top of the page. Below your profile details will be lists detailing ideas you've submitted to the site. Any idea you've submitted will appear here, however it will disappear from the list if moderated. Up to three ideas will display within each section, but if there are more, click the 'more' link.